Why would a health company want to post pictures on Instagram, well the reason is because how popular it has grown and highly used it is by almost everyone. Instagram allows an users to post short videos and pictures and links to articles and it is just a fun and creative tool to use to interact with the rest of the world. This post is going to be about how to use an account on Instagram and an example of a company using it for their benefits.
What is Instagram?
Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them either publicly or privately on the app, as well as through a variety of other social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr (Wikipedia). So in short terms, Instagram is like the video and picture version of Twitter, there is a character limit on the post and also a limit on the length of the video. Instagram is great to use when an user wants to grab someone’s attention with a video or picture instead of a fancy title.
The purpose of Instagram is sharing, but users are also able to comment on post and direct message (DM) other users, like Facebook and Twitter. Therefore, it has the potential to be a great way for a company to interact with people via post, comments or even direct messages.
How to Use Instagram Effectively
- Stay active and update with your post
- Stay active within the on-line community
- Comment on other peoples post
- Like another account’s post
- Do not do “Shout Outs”
- A shout out is one account posts a picture and tells everyone they should follow that page for any reasons.
- People do not like “Shout Out” posts and they will unfollow you.
- When posting make sure to use hashtags and geo tags (a geographic tag that lets people know where the picture or video is from).
- Do not post something every five minutes because you will make your followers annoyed and they will unfollow you.
- Try to post employees of the month and other awards or honors because people love seeing others being appreciated for hard work.
A list of websites that give more information on how to effectively use Instagram
- Small Businesses Using Instagram
- Use Instagram Effectively
- Use Instagram Genius Way
- 13 Instagram Marketing Tips From the Experts
- Instagram for Business: Everything You Need to Know
An Example of a Health Company on Instagram
A great example of a company using Instagram is Today’s Health Care (THC). They stay active on their post and they also try to post besides the same ole health post. For example, they are already posted a picture for the Fourth of July and telling everyone they should enjoy their Fourth but also they will be doing a patient appreciation barbeque that day. Also this isn’t a traditional Health Care store, they are located in Colorado so I am sure you can guess what some their products may be. If you guessed, marijuana then you are correct but do not throw them out yet if you are against marijuana use they also sell health snacks and food products that do not contain marijuana. You can see from their Instagram account that pro marijuana but also pro a healthy America, either that being the use of marijuana or from the intake of all natural herbs and foods that can lead to a healthier body and healthier lifestyle.